Research shows that there is a direct correlation between high levels of attendance, punctuality and high levels of student attainment.
At King’s Academy Easthampstead Park, our average attendance is between 94% and 95%, which is in line with the national average. Attendance has a direct, positive impact on us helping your child get the results they deserve, and having a great school experience.
- Students with 90% attendance will have had the equivalent of 1 day off every 2 weeks.
- Students with 80% attendance will have had the equivalent of 1 day off every week.
- Being late means students miss out on education, just the same as being absent from school. It also disrupts learning and teaching.
- 5 minutes missed from lessons or tutor period due to being late every day equates to 3 days lost a year.
- 15 minutes missed from lessons or tutor period due to being late every day equates to 10 days lost a year (2 weeks).
- 30 minutes missed from lessons or tutor period due to being late every day equates to 19 days (nearly 4 weeks).
Everyone gets ill, that cannot be helped, indeed sometimes students are absent because they are on a trip or visit for another subject. Whatever the reason, missing school is not without consequence on learning. It is, therefore, important for students to understand that making up the missed work as soon as possible is essential to prevent them falling behind, and take responsibility for that. To do this they can:
- Ask their friends if they can photocopy their work for them.
- Make an appointment with a teacher to go through the missed work.
- Regularly check Class Charts.
- Look on Google Classroom.
If you wish to report a student absence this can be done by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org The email should be sent from the email address that we have registered for the parent on our Management Information System. Alternatively, parents can contact the school by telephone (01344 390824) and follow the instructions for reporting a student absence.
Parents are requested to notify the school before 8am each day their child is absent. Where a student does not register for a morning session and there is no explanation for that absence, the Attendance Officer will contact the parents to inform them of this.
Medical and dental appointments should not be made during the school day unless absolutely necessary, in which case an email or a signed letter from the parent is required. In addition, students must sign in and out at welfare.
We do not expect any parents to request permission for holidays for their children during the school term unless there are exceptional circumstances. Any requests should be submitted to the school at least 15 school days before the holiday dates, using this form. The final decision rests with the school.